Another interesting day. Our goal has been to have a holiday on the way home, we thought we'd go to Glen Innis and visit Nancye and Greg. I tried to make this so we'd do a few big days driving, but get there with time to spare so we could relax for a few days, with an easy drive home.
So I figured if I could get to Cobar today, then Glen Innis wouldn't be too long a day the following day.
Broken Hill wasn't as far as I thought it would be, more interesting hills flat plains. As we drove into Broken Hill we were greeted first by a huge solar array. Broken Hill was larger than I thought it would be, surrounded closely by digging machines and piles of dirt.
As soon as we crossed the border into NSW the change in road conditions was very noticeable, another difference was that in NSW most of the rest stops had toilets.
After filling up at Wilcannia, we had some respite from the long straights with "adorned trees'. First was a tree with coffee cups hanging from the branches, then other trees with televisions, toys, pots and chairs.
Finally arrived in Cobar and stuffed up, damaging the roof of the entry into the motel after taking off the aerial and some chairs, thinking I could drive in, only to find that there was an alternate entry we could drive in.
While unpacking I managed to spill my beer, one of those long necked ones that easily froth over. Wondering what the third problem would be, and asking Katrina to keep an eye on me to watch for obvious mistakes, issue three became apparent. Aunty Nancye and Greg are no longer at Glen Innis. Time for a new plan.
No comments:
Post a Comment