We ventured up to the Drum and Drumsticks to dive with the seals.
First we dived at Echo Point, 15 - 20m visibility, 21 degrees. A variety of fish life and schooling fish. The divers found some cuttlefish to play with, and when I got them back on the boat, I snuck in myself to enjoy the conditions while they had their surface interval.
Lots and lots of schooling fish,
mado, a variety of wrasse, blue groper, some nice little brown gropers
(ok yes they are wrasse), chromas, finetooth beardies. Sure, a lot of
your usual suspects, but the water was so nice and they were just
schooling all around me. Pike fish never let me get near them, I was so
close to one today I could see my reflection in his eye.
Found one of the area's resident "bomb" fishes. OK, Warren found it, then I found where he put it. A relic of the days when the navy used the Drum and Drumsticks as target practice.
I wish I'd brought my torch. Too many nooks and crannies beckoning me to find their secrets.
Some very nice little gorgonia fans sponges and other growth. Should also have brought my camera.
Reluctantly I got back on board so the divers could go for their second dive. We went over to the stinky seals and they were extremely playful today. The divers came out of the water buzzing, wanting to get back in and snorkel with them. While they were in the water the seals were splashing and jumping out of the water.
This is the time to be diving, sure some days the swell will be up and conditions won't be so good, but days like today and last weekend, you just have to get out there and enjoy the conditions.
some days are great days to work on a dive boat.
Found one of the area's resident "bomb" fishes. OK, Warren found it, then I found where he put it. A relic of the days when the navy used the Drum and Drumsticks as target practice.
I wish I'd brought my torch. Too many nooks and crannies beckoning me to find their secrets.
Some very nice little gorgonia fans sponges and other growth. Should also have brought my camera.
Reluctantly I got back on board so the divers could go for their second dive. We went over to the stinky seals and they were extremely playful today. The divers came out of the water buzzing, wanting to get back in and snorkel with them. While they were in the water the seals were splashing and jumping out of the water.
This is the time to be diving, sure some days the swell will be up and conditions won't be so good, but days like today and last weekend, you just have to get out there and enjoy the conditions.
some days are great days to work on a dive boat.
No comments:
Post a Comment